Friday, March 2, 2012

Our Airport

Flying High and Laying Low in Savannah
I came here 8 years ago. I had moved from San Diego for love. I was in love with my new husband and excited about starting a new life. We got divorced before the boxes were unpacked but I had a new love; Savannah and all of the surrounding areas .

One of the things I adore about Savannah is her airport.
For those of you who don't travel every week like I do, you might not appreciate my love affair with an airport but those of you who do, you already know the reason why.
Here's what makes it special:
* The people--they remember you and genuinly care about your well being.
* The cleanliness---It is without a doubt the cleanest airpot in America. As a slightly OCD traveler, the cleanliness makes me feel almost at home.
* Pierra's Salon--Diversity at it's finest. They do everything from customized weaves to dreadlocks. Best customer service, best cuts and color , best facials, best mani-pedi, best conversation--Make an appointment. While they love walk-ins they are very popular with regulars.

Even when you're not flying, the airport is a great place for people watching, Christmas concerts or a coffee/tea date in the square. (You get to know a lot about a person when you watch them watch others.)
Whether going or coming, the Savannah International Airport is a great way to start or end your trip here. I love leaving for work because it enables me to come back home to stay.
Get there early and enjoy the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment